Job Title: Wellbeing Counsellors – Brighton and Hove
Location: Brighton & Hove, East Sussex (hybrid working – on site and from home)
Salary: £29,525 per annum pro rata
Hours: 37 per week
Contract Type: Permanent
Closing date: 10th December 2021
Interview date: 17th December 2021
About the Position
YMCA DownsLink Group are currently seeking two experienced and dynamic counsellors to deliver both assessment and treatment sessions to children and young people aged 4-25.
The two post-holders will work within a multidisciplinary team and provide virtual counselling sessions, as well as a number of covid-safe face-to-face sessions, to children and young people aged 4-25. You will be given the opportunity to develop triage skills and will join our innovative Children & Young People’s (CYP) Brighton and Hove Wellbeing Service. The Wellbeing Service is a collaboration between YMCA DownsLink Group, Sussex Partnership Foundation Trust and Southdown.
As part of the CYP Wellbeing Service, YMCA DownsLink Group (YMCA DLG) offer a range of short-term interventions tailored to young people’s age and presenting needs. These include cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT), counselling, digital counselling, low intensity psychological interventions, group treatments, creative arts & play therapies, social prescribing and family therapy.
- Provide virtual (video) counselling sessions as well as a limited number of covid-safe face to face counselling sessions for children and young people aged 4-25 years old.
- Carry out initial assessments and liaise with parent/carers, health, education or social care staff where appropriate.
- Deliver short-term counselling interventions and deal with safeguarding concerns.
- Record session notes using an NHS patient database system.
- Qualified counsellor who is experienced in working with young people, including 4-12 year olds, and has at least 2 years post-qualifying experience.
- BACP Registered/Accredited or registered with another recognised professional body (e.g. UKCP, HCPC, BAAT, BAMT, BADth).
- Experience of working with 4-12 year olds
- Experience of using play and creative techniques in counselling
- Willingness to work every Saturday and the ability to provide after-school and evening appointments.
- Flexible to work online, or any of the Wellbeing or YMCA bases in Brighton and Hove
Expected working pattern: You will work Monday to Friday from 9.ooam to 5.oopm for four days of the week and from 12 noon to 8.00pm on one of the days.
The position comes with excellent benefits, including 27 days holiday per annum pro rata (plus bank holidays), company Sick Pay scheme, Life Assurance policy (2x your annual salary), Health & Wellbeing cash plan, Employee Assistance programme and Cycle to Work scheme. Please download a job pack for more information about other benefits offered.
YMCA DownsLink Group welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We value diversity and promote inclusion, which we demonstrate through our activities, as well as in our policies and working practices. Reinforced by our culture and values, we seek to create an inspiring and inclusive place to work.
YMCA DLG requires all staff and volunteers to be committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and to respond proactively to safeguarding concerns. Successful applicants are required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
For questions regarding paid opportunities or to request another application format: please email [email protected]
For questions regarding volunteering opportunities: please email [email protected]
How to Apply