For just 40p a day you can change the life of a young homeless person near you
When you become a Room Sponsor not only are you giving a vulnerable young person a home, you are giving them a second chance. Being young and homeless can create a cycle of poverty, ill-health, and exclusion that can be impossible to break. Your support will change lives.
You can choose to support a young person in any of our locations across Sussex and Surrey.
It costs just 40p a day to Sponsor a Room!
How does Room Sponsorship help a young homeless person?
Just walking through the doors of the YMCA and seeing the staff and the residents and having banter with them and talking to them. It’s just like having a home away from home and having a sense of family. I think you can’t really put a price on that…
By sponsoring a room you help us give a vulnerable young person a home. We provide a safe and stable place to live for 763 young people across Sussex and Surrey. But, more than that, we give them back faith in their future and put them on a path to independence.
But, the pressure caused by the Covid-19 pandemic, including an increase in family breakdown and job insecurity, means we need your help more than ever.
By giving £12 a month (40p per day), you will help us:
- Provide safety for a homeless young person by giving them a safe, warm place to call home
- End their isolation by welcoming them into our family environment and encouraging them to build trusting relationships with our dedicated key workers
- Support young people with health and wellbeing as well as practical advice
- Teach young people basic life skills, such as budgeting and cooking, to enable them to move towards independence
- Encourage them to get back into education or work
- End the cycle of poverty and disadvantage
You can choose which of our projects across Sussex and Surrey you'd like to support and as a valued member of our Room Sponsor Circle you'll receive our welcome pack containing a branded tote bag, as well as regular updates on the young people you're kindly helping.
Please visit our Room Sponsor FAQ page for further details.