Housing Advice drop-in
Our drop in service at YMCA YAC offers support and advice to young people aged 16-25 who are homeless or at risk of homelessness. We can help young people look for accommodation in the private rented sector and negotiate with landlords, as well as help with benefits and referrals to specialist housing schemes.
We also run a Skillz for Life course where young people can learn practical skills for everyday living.
The drop-in is open Monday-Friday 9am-12pm. Visit us as 11 St Georges Place, Brighton BN1 4GB. Or call 01273 624432 or email YACHousingAdvice@ymcadlg.org.
YMCA YAC Talk it Over
Talk it Over is a Brighton based mediation project for 14-25 year olds that provides a safe space to talk and to share how you are feeling with a trained mediator to support the process. Mediation supports and improves relationship breakdown and has been successful in preventing youth homelessness. If you would like to know more or would like support with a relationship breakdown please contact us on the form here.
At Talk it Over we:
- Provide a safe and confidential space to talk
- Offer mediation or one-to-one support
- Listen and help work things out
- Work to support everyone
- Don’t take sides or give advice
How Talk it Over works:
- All support is voluntary and confidential
- We meet with each person individually and then if appropriate we arrange face-to-face meetings
- We support people to work together to find solutions everyone can agree to
- Support can be given over the telephone, here in our offices in central Brighton, at school or another location with a young person or during home visits
If you would like some support for yourself or for someone you know then get in touch:
If you are a professional and would like to make a referral please use this form and send it to:
YMCA Youth Advice Centre, 11 St Georges Place, Brighton BN1 4GB
T 01273 624432