YMCA DownsLink Group has been serving the community of Brighton & Hove for over 90 years.
Through our supported accommodation we house 79 young people each night across 6 houses. Each young person is allocated a support worker who will help them to identify targets and to work towards achieving goals that lead to independence.
You can make a difference to the lives of young people who live at our projects in Brighton & Hove, here are some of the ways you can get involved:
- Sponsor a young person’s room
- Take part in a fundraising event
- Become a mentor to a resident
- Provide an apprenticeship or work experience
For more information click here.
For information about our supported accommodation in Brighton & Hove contact us:
T 01273 624432
Our work in the local community reaches thousands of young people each year and impacts a number of areas including mental wellbeing, sexual exploitation, young offenders, general advice, housing advice, mentoring and counselling. Click on the links below for more information.
- YMCA Dialogue (counselling)
- YMCA Positive Placements (mentoring support)
- YMCA Right Here (health and wellbeing for 11-25 year olds)
- YMCA Safe Space (night time drop-in)
- YMCA WiSE (working with young people who have been or who are at risk being of sexual exploited)
- YMCA YAC – Housing Advice (advice on housing and homelessness for young people)
- YMCA Youth Advice Centre (daily drop-in service for young people offering advice on a range of topics)
- Youth Clubs and Activities (Hove based activities for children, young people and adults)
For information on other services and projects within the Brighton & Hove area visit the Where To Go For website www.wheretogofor.co.uk.