Job Title: Wellbeing Counsellor – Ethnicities Specialist
Location: Brighton & Hove, East Sussex, UK (some working from home available)
Salary: £29,525 per annum (£11,171 actual)
Hours: 14 Hours per week
Contract Type: Permanent
Closing date: 30th September 2021
Interview date: 11th October 2021
About the Position
The Wellbeing Counsellor – Ethnicities Specialist role will be to provide assessments and counselling for children and young people from mixed or black and minority ethnic (BAME) groups aged 8-24 years. The role will include building partnerships with other BAME services and an advisory role to CYP service managers and clinical leads regarding service user participation, co-production and staff recruitment, advising on the particular needs of minority ethnic groups in therapeutic services.
- Deliver specialist counselling sessions and group work to young people from mixed race and BAME communities living in Brighton & Hove, through online and face-to-face appointments.
- Carry out mental health assessments to individual children & young people in local settings and to support triage to the relevant treatment option.
- Building partnerships with other BAME services and other CYP providers with advisory role to CYP service managers and clinical leads regarding service user participation, co-production and staff recruitment; advising on the particular needs of minority ethnic groups in therapeutic services
- Have experience of supporting mixed & BAME young people who have mild to moderate mental health difficulties
- A qualified counsellor – Graduate or Post Grad. Counselling Dip Counselling & BACP Accreditation
- Experience in delivery of specialist counselling and mental health assessments for children and young people
The position comes with excellent benefits, including 27 days annual leave per annum (plus bank holidays), a company sick pay scheme, a life assurance policy of 2x your annual salary, a health and wellbeing cash plan, and a cycle to work scheme. Please download a job pack for more information about other benefits offered.
YMCA DownsLink Group welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We value diversity and promote inclusion, which we demonstrate through our activities, as well as in our policies and working practices. Reinforced by our culture and values, we seek to create an inspiring and inclusive place to work.
YMCA DLG requires all staff and volunteers to be committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and to respond proactively to safeguarding concerns. Successful applicants are required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
For questions regarding paid opportunities or to request another application format: please email [email protected]
For questions regarding volunteering opportunities: please email [email protected]
How to Apply