Job Title: Reception, Administration & IAG Volunteer – Worthing
Location: Worthing, West Sussex
Hours: Minimum Commitment 5 hours per week
Contract Type: Permanent term-time only
Closing date: 16th July 2021
Are you interested in building your experience in a customer service/administrative setting in a busy, charity wellbeing service?
The Find It Out Plus service in Worthing is looking for a Reception, Administration and IAG Volunteer to join help them in their work of offering information, advice, and guidance to 11-25 year-olds on a wide range of wellbeing issues including housing, education, employment, sexual health, substance misuse and physical health.
The service also offers a comprehensive youth emotional wellbeing and mental health offer, acting as the front door for advice, guidance, support, referral and assessment for children and young people in Worthing.
The Find It Out Plus has now moved to the Community Hub at Worthing Library and successful candidates will be a part of this exciting new development in Worthing town centre, making a real impact to young people in the town and surround areas.
- To be the friendly face of the service and greet service users and their families who have appointments at the centre.
- To cover reception and act as a first point of contact at Find It Out Plus for service users presenting for support and counselling at our centre.
- To provide administrative support including; organising meetings, filing, assisting with documentation.
- To help clients, service users or other organisations with enquiries
- An understanding of the needs of vulnerable young people and their families or a willingness to learn.
- Confidence in talking to young people and ability to build effective and positive relationships with a wide range of young people aged 11-25.
- Strong interpersonal skills with both adults and young people
- We ask our volunteers to offer a minimum of 1 shift a week with a minimum commitment of a year.
YMCA DownsLink Group welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We value diversity and promote inclusion, which we demonstrate through our activities, as well as in our policies and working practices. Reinforced by our culture and values, we seek to create an inspiring and inclusive place to work.
YMCA DownsLink Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Successful applicants are required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
Please note that we will be reviewing applications regularly and the role will close once we have reached our capacity for volunteers.
How to apply
Download a person specification and start your online application below. To access an application form in another format please email email@example.com
For questions regarding paid opportunities: please email firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions regarding volunteering opportunities: please email email@example.com