YMCA Dialogue has been delivering counselling and therapy to children and young people since 1994.
In 2012 YMCA Dialogue counselling services were accredited by The British Association of Counselling & Psychotherapy www.bacp.co.uk.
We use qualified and experienced counsellors and therapists as well providing opportunities for counsellors in their last phase of training.
Why ask for counselling?
Sometimes life can be really difficult and it can feel hard to cope. It’s OK to ask for help. Young people come to counselling for lots of different reasons, such as:
- Difficulties with parents, family, friends, partners or someone else
- Sadness, depression, unhappiness – maybe life does not seem worth living
- Anger, outbursts, or being violent causing concern to those around them
- Worries about school, college or work
- Concerns about sex or sexuality
- Alcohol, using drugs, using legal highs
- Someone close has died or is very ill
- Experience of abuse whether sexual, physical, emotional
- Self harm
Click on the links to find out more:
Looking for counselling near where you live? Our community based counselling services operate from various locations.
Find out more about our counselling services for Schools and Colleges.
We also work with children in care and adopted children and young people.
Contact us on:
T 01273 725259
Click here for our Accessibility Statement.