Job Title: Senior Housing Advice Worker
Location: Brighton, East Sussex, UK (hybrid home working)
Salary: £25,000-£26,500 per annum (pro rata) based on experience
Hours: 30 hours per week
Contract Type: Permanent
Closing date: 30th September 2021
Interview date: 11th October 2021
About the Position
YMCA Downslink Group are currently recruiting for a senior housing advice worker to join our Youth Advice Centre (YAC) in Brighton and ensure the effective day to day operation of our single point of access housing advice service. You will join our Housing Advice Team Leader and YAC Project Manager in supporting young people aged 16 to 25 years old who are homeless, threatened with homelessness or insecurely housed.
Our drop in service at YMCA YAC offers support and advice to young people aged 16-25 who are homeless or at risk of homelessness. We can help young people look for accommodation in the private rented sector and negotiate with landlords, as well as help with benefits and referrals to specialist housing schemes. We also run a Skillz for Life course where young people can learn practical skills for everyday living.
- Provide support and advice to young people to support them to maintain their housing and where appropriate to help them find more secure accommodation.
- Carry a caseload of clients with multiple and complex needs with a holistic and trauma-informed approach.
- Provide support and guidance to staff, and deputise in the Team Leader’s absence.
- Relevant vocational qualification e.g. housing, social work or youth work
- Experience of working with vulnerable young people
- Understanding of Safeguarding for children and young people and vulnerable adults
- Experience of issues relating to youth homelessness
The position comes with excellent benefits, including 27 days annual leave per annum (plus bank holidays), a company sick pay scheme, a life assurance policy of 2x your annual salary, a health and wellbeing cash plan, and a cycle to work scheme. Please download a job pack for more information about other benefits offered.
YMCA DownsLink Group welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We value diversity and promote inclusion, which we demonstrate through our activities, as well as in our policies and working practices. Reinforced by our culture and values, we seek to create an inspiring and inclusive place to work.
YMCA DLG requires all staff and volunteers to be committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and to respond proactively to safeguarding concerns. Successful applicants are required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
For questions regarding paid opportunities or to request another application format: please email [email protected]
For questions regarding volunteering opportunities: please email [email protected]
How to Apply