Job Title: Reception and Administration & IAG Volunteer – Crawley
Location: Crawley, West Sussex
Hours: Minimum commitment 4 hours per week
Contract Type: Permanent term-time only
Closing date: 16th July 2021
Are you interested in building your experience in a customer service/administrative setting in a busy, charity wellbeing service?
The Youth Advice Centre (YAC) in Crawley is looking for reception and administration volunteers to work with the team to meet and greet clients in the YAC, manage initial queries, support the management of clients in the drop in space, keep monitoring systems up to date and undertake admin tasks to support effective delivery of the service.
The Youth Advice Centre (YAC) in Crawley is based at the Crawley Foyer building on Horsham Road and provides young people (aged 11-25) with a safe space to access Youth Information, Advice and Counselling Services (YIACS). The service provides local young people with a comprehensive early intervention mental health and emotional wellbeing offer, acting as the front door for advice, guidance, support, referral and assessment for young people in Crawley and surrounding areas. The YAC team also offer support with a wide range of other wellbeing issues including housing, education & employment, sexual & physical health, substance misuse, exploitation and gender and sexuality.
- To be the friendly face of the service and greet service users and their families who have appointments at the centre.
- To cover reception and act as a first point of contact at YAC for service users presenting for support and counselling at our centre.
- To provide administrative support including; organising meetings, filing, assisting with documentation.
- To help clients, service users or other organisations with enquiries
- An understanding of the needs of vulnerable young people and their families or a willingness to learn.
- Confidence in talking to young people and ability to build effective and positive relationships with a wide range of young people aged 11-25.
- Strong interpersonal skills with both adults and young people
- We ask our volunteers to offer a minimum of 1 shift a week with a minimum commitment of a year.
YMCA DownsLink Group welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We value diversity and promote inclusion, which we demonstrate through our activities, as well as in our policies and working practices. Reinforced by our culture and values, we seek to create an inspiring and inclusive place to work.
YMCA DownsLink Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Successful applicants are required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
Please note that we will be reviewing applications regularly and the role will close once we have reached our capacity for volunteers.
How to apply
Download a person specification and start your online application below. To access an application form in another format please email email@example.com
For questions regarding paid opportunities: please email firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions regarding volunteering opportunities: please email email@example.com