Job Title: Project Worker – Guildford
Location: Guildford Foyer, Surrey
Salary: £23,530 per annum pro rata
Hours: 37.5 per week
Contract Type: Permanent
Closing date: 17th December 2021
Interview date: 11th January 2022
About the Position
YMCA Guildford Foyer are recruiting a Project Worker to work alongside our wider housing team to provide effective day to day management of our supported accommodation project for vulnerable young people aged 16-25 years. We are privileged to work with young people from Guildford and Surrey and those seeking asylum.
The role will include supporting with the day-to-day running of the service and engaging the young people who live within the project and supporting them to develop socially, personally and emotionally in order that they may grow in confidence and independence.
- Ensure the wellbeing and safety of residents by keeping accurate records and monitoring CCTV.
- Encouraging independence by promoting a positive credit culture.
- Communicate the concerns and aspirations of the young people with the wider team using a range of IT skills.
- A personable, flexible and reliable person with excellent communication and recording skills and a clear understanding of safeguarding reporting and incident reporting.
- Experience of working with young people, particularly those considered vulnerable or with multiple and complex needs, and of using a Trauma Informed Approach.
- Ability to adjust to an ever-changing set of requests in a calm and professional manner and manage challenging behaviour appropriately.
- A commitment to working with and for young vulnerable people that may have a variety complex needs and those that may be seeking asylum.
- Ability to engage, motivate, inspire and empower young people; particularly working within a Psychologically Informed Environment (PIE) or Trauma Informed approach.
- Good IT skills and a strong knowledge of software packages such as Excel, Word and Salesforce.
Expected working pattern: This role is on a variable rota of five shifts across seven days days. The shift times are 8.oo-4.00 and 2.00-10.00.
The position comes with excellent benefits, including 27 days holiday per annum pro rata (plus bank holidays), company Sick Pay scheme, Life Assurance policy (2x your annual salary), Health & Wellbeing cash plan, Employee Assistance programme and Cycle to Work scheme. Please download a job pack for more information about other benefits offered.
If you are an applicant interested in this post and would like an informal discussion having read the job pack, you can speak to the Recruiting Manager. Please email [email protected] and your query will be forwarded.
YMCA DownsLink Group welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We value diversity and promote inclusion, which we demonstrate through our activities, as well as in our policies and working practices. Reinforced by our culture and values, we seek to create an inspiring and inclusive place to work.
YMCA DLG requires all staff and volunteers to be committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and to respond proactively to safeguarding concerns. Successful applicants are required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
For questions regarding paid opportunities or to request another application format: please email [email protected]
For questions regarding volunteering opportunities: please email [email protected]
How to Apply