Job Title: Housing Manager
Location: Reed House, Hove (hybrid working – on site and from home)
Salary: £35,550-£39,500 per annum based upon experience
Hours: 37.5 per week
Contract Type: Fixed term contract until 30th November 2022
Closing date: 10th December 2021
Interview date: 16th December 2021
About the Position
YMCA DownsLink Group provide accommodation to young people experiencing homelessness across Sussex and in Guildford. We are a dynamic and ambitious charity whose mission is to Transform Young Lives.
We are seeking to increase our portfolio of properties and to ensure that our owned and leased stock is delivered to a high standard and compliant with regulation. Following career progression we are seeking a Housing Manager to support us on this journey. If you are passionate about providing safe, welcoming and compliant accommodation for young people we want to hear from you
- Adaptable self starter who is able to work as part of a team or autonomously
- Strong attention to detail and able to manage complex tasks within a fast paced environment
- Monitor the quality of YMCA DLG housing services and provide support to our locality managers around good practice and excellent performance.
- Provide consistent support and guidance on housing regulation and legislation
- Liaise with landlords during lease period, on issues such as rent increases and repairs required under the lease terms, and negotiate with existing landlords on lease renewals
- Prepare, manage and control the project budget while ensuring that appropriate financial monitoring and record keeping in accordance with financial standing orders and audit requirements
- Co-ordinate performance data and reporting
- Experience of working within a housing setting, delivering exceptional housing management and working with private sector and social housing landlords
- Knowledge of housing legislation and regulation, the Social Housing rent and Service Charge framework and of issues affecting tenancy sustainment
- Excellent administrative and organisational abilities with close attention to detail and gathering, collating and presenting statistical information
- Problem solving skills and a strong ability to re-prioritise and organise a busy and varied workload
- Ability to communicate professionally with, positively influence and work collaboratively alongside stakeholders, colleagues, landlords, senior managers and service users
Expected working pattern: Monday to Friday from 9.00am to 5.00 pm.
The position comes with excellent benefits, including 27 days holiday per annum pro rata (plus bank holidays), company Sick Pay scheme, Life Assurance policy (2x your annual salary), Health & Wellbeing cash plan, Employee Assistance programme and Cycle to Work scheme. Please download a job pack for more information about other benefits offered.
YMCA DownsLink Group welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We value diversity and promote inclusion, which we demonstrate through our activities, as well as in our policies and working practices. Reinforced by our culture and values, we seek to create an inspiring and inclusive place to work.
YMCA DLG requires all staff and volunteers to be committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and to respond proactively to safeguarding concerns. Successful applicants are required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
For questions regarding paid opportunities or to request another application format: please email [email protected]
For questions regarding volunteering opportunities: please email [email protected]
How to Apply