Job Title: Head of Fundraising
Location: Brighton and Hove, East Sussex
Salary: £43,000 to £46,000 per annum
Contract Type: Permanent
Closing date: 9th August 2021
Interview date: 23rd August 2021
Are you a natural and persuasive communicator who is looking to apply your skills in a charity setting?
As part of our organisation’s investment, YMCA DownsLink Group are now seeking a Head of Fundraising to support us continue to develop and deliver our ambitious fundraising and communications plans.
We achieved our first year’s income target and are now looking for an experienced, commercial, target driven, fundraiser to help drive us towards generating an annual income of £1 million in five years-time. We adapted our fundraising plans last year due to the restrictions of covid but as the country prepares to open up, so will the opportunity to generate fundraising partnerships and relationships. We are looking for a natural and persuasive communicator who flourishes in external facing forums and who is able to develop relationships at all levels.
The successful candidate will be target driven, enjoys making connections and building relationships and will have natural commercial acumen and a positive, creative energy. Someone who is brave enough to sometimes take the more challenging path because this is the right path towards real change. This person will enjoy the challenge of creating shape where there may be ambiguity and creating a sense of possibility across an organisation.
- Demonstrable experience of growing fundraised income across all fundraising streams including specific experience of individual and high net worth income fundraising.
- Very strong, persuasive, communication skills, able to influence audiences at all different levels of seniority and experience.
- Previous sales training is desirable but no essential
The position comes with excellent benefits, including 32 days annual leave per annum (plus bank holidays), a company sick pay scheme, a life assurance policy of 2x your annual salary, a health and wellbeing cash plan, and a cycle to work scheme. Please download a job pack for more information about other benefits offered.
YMCA DownsLink Group welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We value diversity and promote inclusion, which we demonstrate through our activities, as well as in our policies and working practices. Reinforced by our culture and values, we seek to create an inspiring and inclusive place to work.
YMCA DLG requires all staff and volunteers to be committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and to respond proactively to safeguarding concerns. Successful applicants are required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
Applications should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org and must be received by 5pm on Wednesday 9th August.
Your application should comprise:
- a detailed cover letter outlining how your skills and experience meet the requirements for the role and including your experience of fundraising and why this role in particular, excites you
- a full CV, including educational and professional qualifications and employment history, showing the more significant positions, responsibilities held and relevant achievements
- daytime, evening and/or mobile telephone numbers (to be used with discretion).
Please note, applications will be reviewed and shortlisted as they are received so early application will be beneficial. If you would like to have an initial conversation about this role, please email Nikki.Mason@ymacdlg.org to arrange a suitable time.
For questions regarding paid opportunities or to request another application format: please email email@example.com
For questions regarding volunteering opportunities: please email firstname.lastname@example.org