We are working with BAME Recruitment to recruit a Director of Housing and Property Services. Full details are available at: BAME Recruitment
Purpose of the Role
The role includes responsibility for the organisation’s Housing management and performance, rent functions, property services, facilities and asset management, housing development and leasing and quality standards and regulatory compliance.
The post holder will be required to work closely with the Director of Housing Support to provide a seamless support housing function ensuring that the organisations service delivery supports the YMCA’s vision that children and young people can belong, contribute and thrive in their local communities.
The post will be working as part of a wider leadership team, ensuring YMCA DLG is a high performing organisation that provides high quality services and is well managed. The leadership team are jointly and individually responsible for promoting and modelling high standards professionalism and accountability, in accordance with the organisation’s values.
- Responsible for the oversight and management of the organisation’s rents, housing management, asset management (repairs and major works) and housing development teams and all aspects of service delivery within these areas.
- Responsible for driving quality and compliance of the housing function, overseeing the internal audit programme, KPI reporting, data protection, landlord health and safety and complaints.
- Supporting the vision and amplifying the inclusive values of the YMCA- we welcome all, we inspire, we support.
- To work as part of the organisations Leadership Team in support of the Vision, Strategy and Business Plan of the organisation and to support the work of the organisation’s governance with specific reference to departmental responsibility.
- Working with the COO and the organisations Leadership Team ensuring we maximise our charitable and housing impact and outcomes. Ensuring we meet key operational KPI’s and that our services are joined up and delivered in the most effective way possible.
*Comprehensive list of responsibilities available in the job pack
You will have:
- Experience in strategic leadership of social or supported housing at a senior level
- Project management / experience of housing development
- Management of housing management and maintenance functions
- Experience of the needs of young people is advantageous but not essential
- Delivering to targets and demonstrating the impact of services
- Experience of gathering, collating, and presenting statistical information to funders, partners and governance committees.
- Budget accountability and meeting financial targets
- Line management/staff supervision, motivating and supporting staff teams to achieve
The YMCA is committed to increasing the diversity of its workforce and, in particular, its senior managers – who can really effect change. As an equal opportunity’s employer, applications are welcome from all suitably qualified persons. However, as Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) individuals are currently under-represented within the organisation, which does not reflect their diverse service user population, YMCA would particularly welcome applications from candidates that come from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic backgrounds. All appointments will be made on merit only.
To apply for this position please upload your CV and a comprehensive cover letter that outlines how your skills, experience, and qualifications match those set out in the person specification and recruitment pack.
To apply, visit BAME Recruitment’s page here: https://apply.workable.com/bame-recruitment-limited/j/2764D5C8F3/
You can access the recruitment pack here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yhC_G6pdFjzW6z_wx4WitBOu6sN0rr0o/view?usp=sharing
Closing date: 12pm on Sunday 20th September 2020