Job Title: Counselling Coordinator
Location: Horsham, West Sussex, UK
Salary: £31,265 per annum
Hours: 37 hours per week
Contract Type: Fixed term for 1 year
Closing date: 23rd September 2021
About the Position
Due to new funding from West Sussex County Council YMCA DownsLink group are currently recruiting for a Counselling Co-ordinator to join our community counselling team.
Our West Sussex Community Counselling project offers assessments & counselling to children & young people within the newly commissioned ‘blended’ tier 2 Counselling Service for young people aged 11-18 with mild to moderate mental health difficulties.
This unique role is being created to support a number of schools with the increased demand for counselling for vulnerable young people. The postholder will work in partnership with school leaders in delivering a therapeutic and trauma informed response. The role will sit alongside the YMCA Dialogue Community Service that operates as a commissioned provider for mild to moderate mental health difficulties for young people in West Sussex. The post holder will be a bridge for the named schools to fast track into the community based service, as well as escalate cases to Tier 3 CAMHS support when appropriate
- To liaise with 4 schools in Horsham where Dialogue have a school counselling service
- To carry a counselling caseload of young people on role in those schools, face-to-face in school (there may also be a requirement for remote counselling by video or phone)
- To identify, develop and deliver groupwork programmes
- Potentially to line manage the Dialogue counsellors in those schools
- Qualification in counselling/psychotherapy of a minimum of 2 years’ duration and to a minimum of Level 4
- Membership of BACP, UKCP, HCPC or other relevant professional body
- Experience of counselling vulnerable young people age 11-18, to include working with risk and complexity
- To have demonstrable experience of Safeguarding Children & Young People
- Project management experience desirable
Please make sure to reference the requirements on your application. There may be an opportunity to work between 3-5 days a week and to start in a staggered manner please indicate if this is your preference on your application.
The position comes with excellent benefits, including 27 days annual leave per annum (plus bank holidays), a company sick pay scheme, a life assurance policy of 2x your annual salary, a health and wellbeing cash plan, and a cycle to work scheme. Please download a job pack for more information about other benefits offered.
YMCA DownsLink Group welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We value diversity and promote inclusion, which we demonstrate through our activities, as well as in our policies and working practices. Reinforced by our culture and values, we seek to create an inspiring and inclusive place to work.
YMCA DLG requires all staff and volunteers to be committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and to respond proactively to safeguarding concerns. Successful applicants are required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
For questions regarding paid opportunities or to request another application format: please email [email protected]
For questions regarding volunteering opportunities: please email [email protected]
How to Apply