Some call it the most wonderful time of the year, but Christmas can be really difficult for young people living in supported housing. Every year, we ask the local community to get involved and help give our residents a very special Christmas.
The aim of Love in a Box is to ensure that every young person living in our support housing projects has a present to open on Christmas morning. This may be all they receive on this day, and every year we are heartened to see how the kindness of strangers has a powerful impact on our young people.
You can get involved by making up a shoe box of gifts for a young person staying in supported housing over Christmas, or by donating to our JustGiving campaign. Please help us spread the message by sharing the festive spirit (and the poster – here) with your friends and family, or sharing on social media – #LoveinaBox
Let’s share a smile with our young people this Christmas.
Ideas for your box (new and unused items only):
Vouchers (supermarket, cinema), food items (hampers), toiletries, make-up, DVDs, jewellery, sweets and chocolates, socks, gloves, hats, scarves, small games and gadgets, board games, mugs, stationery, books, comics. For health and safety reasons we cannot take candles, razors, scissors, alcohol, cigarettes.
Box drop off points:
– Reed House, 47 Church Road, BN3 2BE
– YMCA YAC, 11 St George’s Place, BN1 4GB
– Gareth Stacey House, 30 Dyke Rd, BN1 3JB
– Lansworth House, Lansdowne Rd, BN3 1DN
– The Y Centre, Albion Way, RH12 1AH
– YMCA Crawley Foyer, RH11 7AQ
– Ewhurst Road, 3- 5 Ewhurst Rd, RH11 7JH
– 12 Mill Rd, RH15 8DR
– YMCA Worthing Foyer, 52 Shelley Road, BN11 4BX
– Grove House, 1 Market Square, BN27 1AQ
– YMCA Eastbourne Foyer, 40 St Leonards Road, BN21 3LZ
– YMCA YAC (previously Charlie’s), 56 Seaside, BN22 7QL
– McKendrick House, 23-25 Vicarage Drive, BN20 8AR
– Guildford Y Centre, Bridge Street, GU1 4SB