The coronavirus pandemic has caused worry, stress and anxiety for many people. However, it has also demonstrated the inherent kindness in our families, friends and communities.
At a time when the vulnerable, young people we support are feeling isolated and alone, we have been overwhelmed with the support shown by those in our communities. We wanted to take the opportunity to thank some of those businesses who have reached out to us during this challenging time – thank you, you are all heroes!
Here are some of the amazing ways businesses have been showing their support:
- A hair-raising (or shaving!) experience! The wonderful Harvey from Metricell braved the shave and did a sponsored head-shave
- Helping Hands! The lovely bunch from Higgidy Pies donated goodie bags to our residents to help them through this difficult and isolating time
- Stretch and smile! Sussex Physiotherapy and Pilates have been raising money through online Pilates classes – you can get involved here
- Amazing ads! After cancelling an event due to Covid-19, the amazing Freeman Brothers donated advertising space they no longer required to local charities!
- Super Skipton! Skipton Building Society made a donation to enable our essential youth homelessness work to continue
- We are Family! OneFamily‘s contribution provides crucial support for all our young people during this difficult time
- Social staff raising money! Electric Square hosted an online games night, including good old Pictionary!
- Food, glorious food! Mutual Aid UK donated food and essential items to our young people in need
- …and relax! The lovely Tisserand Aromatherapy donated wellbeing products to our supported accommodation residents
If you’d like your business to get involved and support young people in crisis, please contact email@example.com
To find out more about our campaign to provide basic necessities for young people in our supported accommodation who are feeling anxious and alone, click here.