Careers / IAG Advisor (Traineeship Delivery)
Mid Sussex (with travel across required)
30 hours per week
Fixed term contract until 31/05/2018 (with opportunity for extension)
£24,750 per annum (pro-rata)
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our team delivering IAG and careers advice to young people who will be completing a Traineeship in Sussex. The postholder will be:
• interviewing learners one-to-one or in small groups to discuss career or education options;
• identifying skills gaps and how to deal with them;
• helping young people to draw up action plans for employment, education and training and supporting them to achieve these goals;
• researching careers, options and support organisations to meet learners needs;
• advising learners on how to source relevant training courses or qualifications and what funding might be available;
• providing advice on CV, applications, job hunting and interview techniques;
• running small group sessions or larger presentations on all aspects of careers work and topics related to personal development;
• helping learners to understand the current job market;
• liaising and negotiating with other organisations on behalf of learners;
• using IT for administrative tasks, such as recording interactions with and tracking clients;
• keeping up to date with labour market information, legislation, and professional and academic developments by visiting employers, training providers and training events run by educational and professional bodies;
• managing a caseload of learners.
This is a 30 hour a week post for an initial 12 week period. The opportunity to job share is available.
This post requires a flexible approach to travel as contracts are delivered across Sussex. It is essential you are able to drive and have access to your own transport.
YMCA DownsLink Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults.
Successful applicants are required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
Closing date for applications: Thursday 25th January 2018 at 9am
Interviews date: Tuesday 30th January 2018
How To Apply…
You can download an application pack and an application form below. Please return your form to us by email at email@example.com or by hand or post to:
YMCA DOWNSLINK GROUP,
47 Church Road,
Hove, BN3 2BE