Christmas can be a lonely time for young people living in supported housing. This is why every year we ask the local community to get involved and help give our young residents a very special Christmas.
The aim of Love in a Box is to ensure that every young person living in our support housing projects has a present to open on Christmas morning. For many of our young people this will be the only thing they will receive and it is truly amazing to see how touched and grateful they are.
You can support Love in a Box by donating on the Just Giving campaign appeal page, click here to donate. The money raised will pay for presents, decorations and a very special Christmas dinner for all our young people.
You can also create a shoe box (or any other box) of small gifts for a young person aged 16 – 25 (boxes can be for a young man, a young woman or unisex). You can also donate items that we can make up boxes with.
Some ideas of what to put in your box (new and unused items only please) include: toiletries, make-up, DVD’s, jewellery, sweets and chocolates, socks, gloves, woollen hats, scarves, small games and gadgets, board games, mugs, stationery, clothes, books, comics, alarm clocks, vouchers. For health and safety reasons we cannot take candles, razors, scissors, alcohol, cigarettes.
Box drop off points:
– Reed House, 47 Church Road, Hove BN3 2BE
– YMCA YAC 11 St George’s Pl, Brighton BN1 4GB
– YMCA Gareth Stacey House, 30 Dyke Road, Brighton BN1 3JB
– YMCA Lansworth House, 30 Brunswick Road, Hove BN3 1DG
– The Y Centre, Albion Way, Horsham RH12 1AH
– Crawley Foyer, Horsham Road, Crawley RH11 7AQ
– Worthing Foyer, 52 Shelley Road, Worthing BN11 4BX
– Guildford Y Centre, Bridge Street, Guildford, Surrey GU1 4SB
The deadline for all donations is Monday 18th December! Please email email@example.com if you have any questions.
And please tell your friends, family and colleagues about Love in a Box – together we can create a truly magical Christmas for our residents!