In Crawley YMCA DownsLink Group runs the Crawley Foyer, providing housing to over 80 young people in a range of properties across Crawley. We support young people in housing crisis and inspire them to make positive changes to their lives by helping them with housing and employment opportunities.
We help young people overcome exclusion and disadvantages by providing opportunities to gain qualifications and training. The aim is to put young people in a good position to enter the world of work, gain independence and then to move out into a home of their own.
Each young person is assigned a key worker who will help them to identify targets and to work towards achieving goals that lead to independence. Support staff are available around the clock to provide a safe, secure environment along with support and advice.
The Foyer main building includes a range of facilities that residents and partner agencies can benefit from:
- An IT suite provides all residents access to computers which are also used for classes and job clubs
- WiFi is available free to all residents
- A Music Suite provides a space for budding DJs and singers to practice and record
- A large Training Kitchen provides space for cooking classes and meals with family
- Meeting rooms provide space for evening sessions such as art, gaming and movie nights